Sunday, July 5, 2009

Family Fathomings: A dose of humility

I find having a son one of the greatest joys and pleasures of my life, let alone three of them. Three little souls bursting with joy and unfettered love and merriment. We have a wall of the boys' drawings and written gifts etc that to be honest I don't particularly notice most days. Today I did and found the following reminders of who we are for our children.

"Happy Father's Day! I love you because you play with me before you go to work"

"Happy Father's Day! I love you because you resol me"

"I love it when Daddy plays Brandy with me"

Time spent and love given is the currency of children. It's also an opportunity to open a door for our own souls to be merry and joyous. It is easy to get caught up in the great tribal buffalo hunt for wealth and ownership of stuff but the true treasures lie in our relationships, especially those with our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment