Monday, August 24, 2009

Coding Cogitations: Back to the Status Quo

Well my sojourn into Google Chrome as my default browser is at an end. I gave it my best support but have found too many websites where Chrome either doesn't work at all or numerous features fail. I am a big believer in always supporting various competitors in the market to create difference and promote variety. I am a staunch Microsofty at heart though and so it is with a small fond tear in my eye that I have reactivated IE 8 as my browser of choice. Sorry Google but there is still work for you to do. It appears though the IE has taken up the call of "If you can't beat em - join em" as many of its features mimic the good things I enjoyed in Chrome in any case.

WINDOWS 7 - another triumph!!

After labouring (and I do mean labouring) under Windows Vista on my main development PC for over three months I couldn't take it anymore. It was either take a punt with Windows 7 or blow the damn thing away and rebuild with XP. I bit the bullet and lept into 7. Wow! All the good things of Vista are there and none of the bad memory choking, blood pressure raising, keyboard slamming, cuss causing frustrations. It flies. It is smooth. It is highly customisable and I don't know how I survived previously without the pinnable taskbar.

If you are in any doubt on Windows 7 - I say take the plunge. You won't be dissappointed on this one! I'm still going to send Bill Gates a bill though for the time I wasted grappling with Vista. I think I lost 10mins from every hour of productivity waiting for things to load, think, render, crash, report, confirm etc etc. But I forgive as I think Windows 7 is altogether a great product. Google has it's work cut out for it if it thinks Vista left the might MS vulnerable in the OS market!

No comments:

Post a Comment